Free Hepatitis C Screening in May
In the United States, millions of people have chronic viral hepatitis C and most do not know they are infected. Symptoms of the disease are not always immediately apparent. However, there is good news – there is a cure for hepatitis C! It begins with testing; a simple blood test can tell if you have hepatitis C.
May is Hepatitis Awareness Month with May 19 marking National Hepatitis C Testing Day. Testing for hepatitis C is recommended for many, especially those who:
- were born between 1945 – 1965
- received donated blood or organs before 1992
- have ever injected drugs
- have liver disease or abnormal liver tests
- have certain conditions: liver disease, HIV, etc.
Throughout May, HopeHealth will be providing free, 20-minute hepatitis C screenings at several locations in Florence, Orangeburg, and Aiken counties. The first step to the cure is being tested. Take control. Get tested.
- HopeHealth Medical Plaza | 9 am – 2 pm | May 18 | 360 N. Irby St., Florence, SC 29501
- Walgreens | 1 – 5 pm | May 21 | 2191 Whiskey Rd., Aiken, SC 29803
- Walgreens | 1 – 5 pm | May 22 | 1228 Knox Ave., N. Augusta, SC 29841
- Walgreens | 1 – 5 pm | May 22 | 1106 John C. Calhoun Dr., Orangeburg, SC 29115
- Walgreens | 1 – 5 pm | May 23 | 4380 Jefferson Davis Hwy., Beech Island, SC 29842
- Walgreens | 1 – 5 pm | May 24 | 3510 Richland Ave., Aiken, SC 29801
For more information, call (803) 535-2271 or (843) 667-9414.