- About Us
- For Patients
Health Care Services
- After Hours Care/ Access Hope
- Behavioral Health Services
- Chiropractic Care
- Chronic Disease Management
- Dental Health
- Diabetes & Nutrition Institute
- Family Medicine
- Hepatitis Services
- HIV/ AIDS Services
- Infectious Diseases
- Internal Medicine
- Lab Services
- Latino Health Services
- Pain Management
- Pediatric & Adolescent Care
- Primary Care
- School-based Services
- Senior Health
- Substance Use Treatment
- Veterans Services
- Women's Health Services
- Contact Us
- Become a Patient
HopeHealth offers integrated behavioral health counseling services at locations throughout Florence, Williamsburg, Orangeburg, Aiken and Clarendon Counties. New trends in patient-centered health care include integrated behavioral health in the primary care setting. This meets the high demand of behavioral health needs of individuals, while also decreasing the stigma. To be eligible for behavioral health counseling services, individuals must first become a patient and be examined by their primary care provider.
Behavioral Health Consultants
HopeHealth behavioral health consultants (BHCs) are licensed mental health professionals who work in conjunction with primary care providers to determine if on-going mental health counseling is required. The medical provider offers a personal introduction to a BHC, who then performs a routine mental health evaluation and makes referrals to additional supportive care either at HopeHealth Behavioral Health Services or to an outside referral partner.
Behavioral Health Consultants in the primary care setting are available at HopeHealth Medical Plaza and HopeHealth on Palmetto Street in Florence and at HopeHealth in Kingstree. BHCs are also available at our Infectious Disease locations at HopeHealth Orangeburg and HopeHealth Aiken.
Behavioral Health Services
After meeting with your primary care behavioral health counselor, you may be referred for more specialized treatment, which offers the following mental health services:
- Psychiatric Care: Our psychiatrist and nurse practitioner focus primarily on treating psychological difficulties with medication. They are able to write prescriptions and work with patients on medication management when essential for their course of treatment, although prescribing medication is only one aspect of care. They work in close conjunction with the rest of our behavioral health team which also includes psychologists and counselors.
- Counseling and Psychotherapy: Our psychologists and counselors conduct more in-depth assessment and use evidence-based treatments that target patients’ thoughts, behaviors, and emotions. They work with patients to develop a variety of coping skills for improving overall mental health and work with the psychiatrists to determine the best course of treatment. Types of treatment may include individual, couple, family, and group. Examples of therapy include cognitive-behavioral therapy, solutions-focused therapy, mindfulness skills training, behavior modification, and interpersonal psychotherapy.
- Substance Use Disorder Counseling
- Medication Assisted Treatment: Additionally, we offer access to medication assisted treatment for opioid addiction at our Palmetto Street and Kingstree locations. Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT) combines behavioral therapy and medications to treat substance use disorders. Our MAT providers are certified Buprenorphine Treatment Practitioners authorized to treat opioid dependency with buprenorphine (Suboxone). In addition to Suboxone, medications like Vivitrol are also available to facilitate patients’ recovery.
Behavioral Health Counselor Locations
- HopeHealth Medical Plaza (Suite J)
- HopeHealth in Kingstree
- HopeHealth in Orangeburg
- HopeHealth in Aiken
- HopeHealth in Manning
- HopeHealth on Palmetto Street
We partner with local and state mental health clinics and community partners to provide services for serious mental illness. For those experiencing substance abuse problems, we have referral partners to provide inpatient and outpatient treatment, as well as group and individual therapy.
Child & Adolescent Abuse Behavioral Health:
- CASA Family Systems – Orangeburg
- The Naomi Project – Florence
- Pee Dee Coalition Against Domestic Violence – Florence
- Clarendon Behavioral Health –Manning
- Pee Dee Mental Health Center – Florence County
- Santee-Wateree Mental Health Center – Clarendon County
- Waccamaw Mental Health Center – Williamsburg County
- Circle Park Behavioral Health Services – Florence
- Clarendon Behavioral Health Services – Manning
- Williamsburg County Department on Drug & Alcohol Abuse – Kingstree
- TriCounty Commission on Alcohol and Drugs – Orangeburg
- The Palmetto Center – Florence