HopeHealth Observes National HIV Testing Day
Join HopeHealth this June at one of our free testing events and help encourage HIV testing on National HIV Testing Day and every day. Help us ensure people get tested for HIV, know their status, and get linked to care and treatment services.
Today, no cure exists for HIV, or human immunodeficiency virus, but the disease can be controlled with proper medical care. In 1995, the first National HIV Testing Day was held on June 27 to unite people and organizations in efforts to raise awareness about the importance of HIV testing and early diagnosis of the disease.
Risk factors for contracting the virus include lifestyle, sex partners, and geographical location. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), an estimated 1.1 million people were living with HIV in the United States at the end of 2015. Unfortunately, the CDC also estimates 165,000, or 1 in 7 people, did not know they were infected.
- Walgreens | 1 – 5 pm | June 25 | 2191 Whiskey Rd., Aiken, SC 29803
- Walgreens | 1 – 5 pm | June 26 | 1228 Knox Ave., N. Augusta, SC 29841
- Mount Clair Baptist Church | 1 – 6 pm | June 27 | 1009 E. Main St., Lake City, SC 29560
- HopeHealth in Aiken | 9 am – 4 pm | June 27 | 150 University Pkwy, Aiken, SC 29801
- HopeHealth in Orangeburg | 9 am – 4 pm | June 27 | 1857 Joe S., Jeffords Hwy., Orangeburg, SC 29115
- Walgreens | 1 – 5 pm | June 27 | 1106 John C. Calhoun Dr., Orangeburg, SC 29115
- Walgreens | 1 – 5 pm | June 28 | 4380 Jefferson Davis Hwy., Beech Island, SC 29842
- Walgreens | 1 – 5 pm | June 28 | 3510 Richland Ave., Aiken, SC 29801
For more information on thee events, call (803) 535-2271 or (843) 667-9414.
HopeHealth is one of 23 nonprofit, federally qualified health centers in South Carolina. We provide quality and affordable health care services to individuals in Florence, Clarendon, and Williamsburg Counties and infectious diseases services in Aiken, Clarendon, Florence, Orangeburg, and Williamsburg Counties.