HopeHealth Commemorates HIV Testing Day With Community Events
FLORENCE, S.C. (June 14, 2017) – National HIV Testing Day is June 27 and HopeHealth will commemorate the day with a week of free events in several communities.
- June 22, Florence: 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. Infectious Diseases will provide free HIV screenings and education at HopeHealth Palmetto located on 600 East Palmetto Street. Screened individuals will receive a gift card (while supplies last). For more information, contact Fred Williams at (843) 656-0392.
- June 26, Greeleyville: 3:30-4:30 p.m. HopeHealth in Greeleyville will offer patient education, blood pressure, and glucose screenings, and behavioral health and substance use needs assessments in addition to HIV screenings. Chef Adam Silverman from Tracks Café will also be on site at 86 N. Main St. with cooking demonstrations. For more information, contact Ashely Williams at 803-433-4321 ext. 5010.
- June 27, Aiken and Orangeburg: 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. HopeHealth in Aiken (150 University Parkway) and HopeHealth in Orangeburg (1857 Joe S. Jeffords Highway) will offer free HIV screenings and education. For more information, contact Shiheda Furse at (803) 535-2272.
- June 28, Kingstree: 9 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. HopeHealth in Kingstree will commemorate National HIV Testing Day by providing education and encouraging their female patients to be screened for HIV. For more information, contact Ashely Williams at (803) 433-4321 ext. 5010.
In addition, and in partnership with HopeHealth, Walgreens will hold free testing events in various Walgreen locations in Aiken, Florence, and Orangeburg. These screenings are free and open to the general public. Sites include:
- Aiken – June 29 – from 3 – 7 p.m., 3510 Richland Ave.
- Florence – June 29 – from 9 a.m. – 3 p.m., 726 S. Irby St.
- Orangeburg – June 28 – from 3 – 7 p.m., 1106 John C. Calhoun St.
HopeHealth is one of 21 nonprofit, federally qualified health centers in South Carolina and provides quality and affordable health care services to individuals in Florence, Clarendon, and Williamsburg Counties.
For questions or more information, email email@example.com or call 843-245-2291.